Happy Valentine’s Day!
In honor of the heart holiday, I’ve got a giveaway today.
It’s no secret that heart health is important to me. The folks at Healthgrades asked if I’d spread the word about their Pledge for Heart Health campaign in honor of February being Heart Health Awareness Month.
Healthgrades is teaming up with the American Heart Association to increase awareness of heart disease. Did you know that 42 million women in the US are living with heart disease? Every year, about 715,000 Americans have a heart attack. About 600,000 people die from heart disease in the United States each year—that’s 1 out of every 4 deaths. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. (Source: CDC)
This month you can take a virtual pledge to talk to your doctor about heart health, and for each pledge received, Healthgrades will donate $1 to the American Heart Association (Up to $10,000). You’ll also be entered into a giveaway to win a variety of prizes to help you get and stay heart healthy.
The Pledge for Heart Health is easy:
- Pledge that you’ll talk to your doctor about heart health.
- Fill out the entry form.
- Share your pledge with friends so they can get heart-healthy and be entered to win prizes, too.
You can take the Pledge for Heart Health on the Healthgrades Facebook page.
You can win a healthy slow cooker recipe book, an American Heart Association-recommended pedometer, and a BPA-free water bottle. Here’s how (these are all optional):
1. Take the Pledge for Heart Health and come back to leave a comment that you did.
2. Leave a comment telling me what you do to keep your heart healthy.
3. Tweet about the giveaway: “@ApplesArteries is hosting a heart healthy giveaway in honor of @American_Heart #hearthealth month. http://wp.me/p263ht-D5” and come back leaving a comment with a link to the Tweet.
4. Follow @applesarteries on Twitter; leave a comment with your Twitter name.
5. Follow @Healthgrades on Twitter; leave a comment with your Twitter name.
I’ll pick one winner on Friday morning! (Open to US residents only.)
*I was not compensated for this post.* Note: entering the pledge on Facebook, you’re also entered to win the same prize pack; independent of this giveaway.