Happy Monday. I hope you enjoyed the weekend–Madison was warm and sunny which meant an outdoor run on Sunday. Hooray for Spring!
Today’s post is a bit of a departure from my usual heart-health posts. Although, it does have to do with “love” (albeit Reality TV love) so I guess it counts to be on the blog 🙂 This post is in honor of tonight’s season finale…who will Ben choose?!
I have watched many seasons of The Bachelor. There. I said it. When the show first started, when Survivor was in its first season, Reality tv was new. It was a big deal. It was water-cooler worthy. Now I’m pretty much over it. (Not knocking anyone who watches it.) If I do watch tv it is usually via Hulu and I’ll stick to a comedy for a good laugh.
I work in an environment where I overhear a lot of different conversations. In the past couple of months I’ve overheard a lot related to The Bachelor. And it has been men talking about the show. I’ve put together a “top 10” of sorts–QAG had never seen the show–I’ve shown him a few online clips. Some of these quotes can be attributed to him.
So, in the spirit of a Monday chuckle, The Bachelor from a Guy’s Perspective:
1. “It’s got to be hard to kiss with that hat on.” (first night, the girl with the big hat)
2. “I guess I would’ve shaved for a tv appearance”
3. “Has he (Ben) done anything about the hair yet?”
4. “She what? She came in on a horse?”
5. “It’s not like you’re ever going to meet a brain surgeon on that show.”
6. “Now these hometown dates…that’s where the guy shows up in a limo?”
7. “That’s more drama than I could ever handle.”
8. “They all live in a house? Together?”
9. “Who picks out his (Ben) clothes?”
10. “8 weeks and engaged? No way!”
11. (Bonus) “Has anyone figured out that maybe he’s the problem? (Specifically attributed to the QAG!)
Ellen has pretty much summed up the show:
Question: What’s your favorite reality tv show?